Interpreters & Communication Services
Support & Guidance
Interpreters and Communication Services
Wentworth-Douglass are pleased to provide immediate and equal access to Effective Communication Aids and Services. These auxiliary aids and services are available free of charge.
The following is a partial listing of devices, aids, and services available to you during your stay.
Deaf/Hard of Hearing Aids/Services
- Personal Communicator/Amplifier
- Large Button Telephone with Volume Control/Ringer Light
- Wipe Board/Eraser
- Licensed ASL Interpreters
- Video Conferencing with Certified ASL Interpreters
- Closed Caption Televisions
- Baby Cry & Signaler
- Door Knocker (Light alerts patient when anyone knocks at the door)
- Hearing Aid Batteries - limited sizes
- CART (Communication Access Real-Time Translation) - a real-time captioning system to
transcribe spoken speech into written text
- Tape and CD Recorder & CDs/Tapes for personalized instructions
- Advance Directives in Braille and on Audio Tape
- Patient Rights in Braille and on Audio Tape
- Signature Guides
- Bold write pen - unique point provides bold, easy writing
Patients with Limited English Proficiency
- Picture of Health Binder
- Video remote interpreting
- Vidatak EZ Language Boards - English, Vietnamese, Chinese, Indonesian, Spanish, French, Arabic, Tagalog, Korean, Russian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, German, Italian and Farsi (Persian)
- Point To Talk Booklets - 19 Different Languages
- Language Line Phones and Service with at least three different over the phone services
- On-Site Interpreters are available by contacting Interpreter Services/Communications
Call or Visit Us
Interpreter Services/Communications Manager: (603) 740-2451
Interpreter Services/Communications Coordinator: (603) 740-3399
Communications Staff: (603) 742-5252
TTY: (603) 740-2240
Our office is located on the second floor, near elevator 6.
Find a Provider
Search for providers associated with Wentworth-Douglass Hospital.
Check out our upcoming community events.
Living Well Seacoast
Healthy tips and information from Wentworth-Douglass experts on our blog.