Our Echocardiography Lab offers an integrated approach to diagnosing cardiovascular conditions. We work alongside cardiologists, nurses, exercise physiologists and other technical and clinical staff to make it quicker and easier for patients to get the comprehensive care they need. Our team of technologists is an experienced group of individuals dedicated to providing excellence and innovative care to our patients. Our mission is to provide patients and physicians with the most comprehensive and accurate diagnostic information available. We are accredited through the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL). This certification requires that we maintain the highest standards of care. This voluntary accreditation shows our commitment to provide high quality diagnostic evaluations and patient care.
Our procedures include:
- Transthoracic Echocardiography
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Stress Echocardiography
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) and ultrasound guidance for special procedures in conjunction with the Cardiac and Vascular Catheterization Laboratories.
- Fetal and Pediatric Echocardiography in conjunction with CHaD (Children's Hospital at Dartmouth) through PRISM.
In the Adult Echocardiography Lab we offer routine outpatient testing Monday through Friday. Emergency coverage is provided seven days a week. Our staff regularly attends educational programs to remain at the forefront of the cardiac ultrasound field. The Echocardiography Lab at WDH offers comprehensive evaluations and the latest in techniques and technology available.
For more information visit the American Society of Echocardiography. Select "See My Heart" at the top of the Society's page for patient education.