The Chest Clinic at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital provides a comprehensive multidisciplinary team approach for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the chest by bringing specialists to you, the patient, in one visit and in one location. Our multidisciplinary team includes Pulmonary Medicine, Thoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Pathology and Nursing.
An oncology certified nurse Navigator will guide you throughout your journey at The Chest Clinic. From the point of intial contact, the navigator acts as your single point of contact.
The Chest Clinic provides:
- Evaluation by multi-specialty physicians with expertise in thoracic care
- Prompt and timely access to diagnostic services
- Expedited care from the time of presentation to the time of treatment
- Single point of contact for patient support
- Opportunity to meet with informational specialists including social services, smoking cessation, clinical nutrition, and integrative therapy
- Access to a variety of clinical trials
- Access to the most innovative and least invasive procedures:
- VATS- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery
- EBUS- Endobronchial Ultrasound
- Pleuroscopy - Examination of the pleural space
- EMN bronchoscopy (Super Dimension) - using GPS-like technology for lung biopsy